The Everge website uses own or third-party cookies to:
- improve our services and its performance, as well as to optimise the experience of the user;
- elaborate statistical information; and to
- customise the content and show it according to browsing habits.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded in the user’s terminal to collect some details that are: (i) essential for the correct functioning of the website, (ii) useful for the user, providing her the desired navigation according to her preferences, and (iii) used by Everge to analyse its services and improve its offering or website.
The cookies will only be readable by the service or application that issue them. They are NOT executable files, nor can they propagate or contain a virus. Similarly, the cookies that issue by Everge’s website do not collect User’s personal data.
Everge may store cookies in user’s device if they are strictly necessary to the operation of the websites. User has to allow any other type of cookies. At any time the user may change or withdraw its consent.
2. What classification of cookies there is?
Cookies are classified generally as follows:
A) Depending on the company that manages them:
- Own Cookies: cookies that are sent to the user’s device from a domain managed by the Everge that provides the service requested by the user.
- Third party’s Cookies: Cookies sent to the user’s terminal from or domain managed or not by the Everge, being the third party responsible for processing the cookies data.
B) Depending on the period of time they remain active in the terminal:
- Session Cookies: Cookies designed to obtain and store data while the user accesses the website or app. They are used to provide the service requested by the user.
- Persistent Cookies: Cookies that remain stored in the user’s device to get data such a number of sessions. They last from minutes to several year.
C) Depending on the aim for which the data is obtained via cookies:
- Technical Cookies: (necessary) They allow the user’s navigation in the website, platform or application and the use of existing options or services in the platform.
- Customisation Cookies: (preferences) They keep user’s preferences to access the service with her predefined general characteristics (for example, the language, the type of web browser used to access the service, the regional configuration used to access the service, etc.).
- Analysis Cookies: (statistics) They monitor and analyse the user’s behaviour when they browse through the website. This information is used in order to improve the service according to analysis of user’s navigation.
- Advertising Cookies: (marketing) They are used to make the most effective possible management of advertising space, in case it’s included in the website, app or platform. These cookies store information about user behavior obtained via continuous observation of browsing habits, making it possible to develop a specific profile for showing advertising based on this.
3. What cookies uses the group everge and how can shape its use?
• Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
For more information on cookies, you can consult the Guide on the use of the cookies of the Spanish Data Protection Authority (PDF, 629 KB)